VLC media player (commonly known as VLC) is a free powerful media player and streaming media server application that supports various audio and video compression methods, file formats, and streaming protocols. VLC media player is a universal media player that can play almost any file format, as well as the ability to play almost any type of streaming media. In addition, VideoLAN features a cross-platform multimedia player, also supports digital satellite channels, digital terrestial television channels and live videos on a high-bandwidth IPv4 or IPv6 network.
VLC media player includes a large number of free decoding and encoding libraries, so this allows you to avoid the need to find / calibrate proprietary plugins. Moreover, it also has its own protocol implementations, supports live recording, advanced finer speed controls, and more.
- Better integration in and AirTunes streaming
- Customizable toolbars and scaling in fullscreen
- Instant pausing and frame-by-frame support
- Powerful live recording and finer speed controls
- RTSP Trickplay support and zipped file playback
- Play high-definition recordings of D-VHS tapes
- Supports all popular audio and video formats
- Generate a number of music visualization displays
- Systems codecs to support most video types
- Very intuitive and user-friendly interface (UI)
- And so much more.
What’s new in VLC media player 3.0.0:
- New formats and improvements in many formats
- New Dirac encoder and MP3 fixed-point encoder
- New HD codecs (AES3, Dolby Digital Plus, etc.)
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
- Windows 2000/ XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10 (32-bit or 64-bit – all editions)
- Computer with reasonable speed (Pentium)
- 128 MB RAM (Memory)
- 32 MB free hard disk space
- 800 x 600 display
How to install and activate:
- Extract and install the program (run Setup)
- Or just extract and run the portable version
VLC media player 3.0.0 Final (x86/x64)
Download Links – 232.6 MB