Google Chrome 64.0.3282.168 Free Download
Google Chrome 64.0.3282.168 Stable/ 65.0.3325.51 Beta
Google Chrome 66 is a fast, free and easy to use web browser that’s built for the modern web. It combines a minimal design with sophisticated technology to make the web safer.
It has one box for everything. Type in the address bar and get suggestions for both search and web pages.
That will give you thumbnails of your top sites. Access your favorite pages instantly with lightning speed from any new tab.
It is an open source web browser developed by Google. Design goals include stability, speed, security and a clean, simple and efficient user interface.
Its software architecture was engineered from scratch (using components from other open source software including WebKit and Mozilla Firefox) to cater for the changing needs of users and acknowledging that today most web sites aren’t web pages but web applications.
- Speed. Speed improvements are a primary design goal.
- Privacy. Google announces a so-called incognito mode claiming that it “lets you browse the web in complete privacy because it doesn’t record any of your activity”.
- Sandboxing. Every tab in Google Chrome is sandboxed. So that a tab can display contents of a web page and accept user input. But it will not be able to read the user’s desktop or personal files.
Google say they have “taken the existing process boundary and made it into a jail”. There is an exception to this rule. Browser plugins such as Adobe Flash Player do not run within the boundaries of the tab jail. And so users will still be vulnerable to cross-browser exploits based on plugins, until plugins have been updated to work with the new Chrome security. Google has also developed a new phishing blacklist, which will be built into Chrome, as well as made available via a separate public API.
- Multiprocessing. The Gears team were considering a multithreaded browser and Chrome implemented this concept with a multiprocessing architecture.
- Rendering Engine. The browser uses the WebKit rendering engine on advice from the Gears team because it is simple, memory efficient, useful on embedded devices and easy to learn for new developers.
- Features. Added some commonly used plugin-specific features of other browsers into the default package. Such as an Incognito tab mode, where no logs of the user activity are stored, and all cookies from the session are discarded.
- Tabs. While all of the major tabbed web browsers (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox) have been designed with the window as the primary container, Chrome will put tabs first (similar to Opera). The most immediate way this will show is in the user interface. Tabs will be at the top of the window, instead of below the controls.
Chrome will also implement a New Tab Page. It shows the nine most visited pages in thumbnails, along with the most searched on sites, most recently bookmarked sites. And most recently closed tabs, upon opening a new tab, similar to Opera’s “Speed Dial” page.
- Simple, sleek, intuitive, and very easy-to-use
- Fast, secure and easy with a minimal design
- Multi-threaded browser (fast multiprocessing)
- Simple, memory efficient and very useful
- And so much more.
What’s New in Google Chrome 64:
- Other bug fixes and improvements.
- Windows XP/ Vista/ 7/ 8/ 8.1/ 10 (32-bit or 64-bit – all editions)
- Computer with reasonable speed
- Internet connection
How to install and activate:
- Download and install the software (run the installer)
- No internet connection required (Offline), that’s all!